Tuesday 20 September 2011

Iconic Marilyn Monroe Meditation


This was a bizarre meditation!  Just as I had finished my first round of meditations, I had a vigorous work out and then went to my ‘wind down after exercise’ meditation zone.  Just as I was on the level, I saw her!  I saw a portrait of Marilyn Monroe that I had sketched.  So here it is!  I couldn’t  ‘chill’ again until I had painted it. 

Hope you like it J

I drew Marilyn Monroe in single sweep lines.  I was trying to capture her vibrancy and style in single, quick strokes.  I painted the image from memory, so this really is how I see her, although it is not like the flash I saw of her in my mind’s eye.  It would be impossible to paint that image because it was an image of light from another world, or perhaps just deep in my subconscious mind?

Marilyn Monroe remains a major legendary icon.  I have put this Sketch in my eStore, www.deanjamesart.co.uk for you to own too, if you wish.  Just so you don’t get distracted from your meditations.  Perhaps you will be inspired instead J

Peace and Love
Dean James x


No comments:

Post a Comment